two new bioclimatic classrooms were able to welcome the 60 youngest children of the Shey Lamdon Model School in Ladakh, in India. Mrs Jetsun Pema, engaged personality in favor of the education in India and sister of Dalaï Lama, granted us the privilege to preside over the inauguration ceremony this Wednesday, July 16. Estelle Delahaye-Panchout, architect of the project, made him visit the new classrooms explaining the particularities of this para-seismic and passive solar building, inspired by the traditional architecture of the region. The joy was at its height: the children in their impeccable uniforms and the families in their traditional costume were there to celebrate this great event with speeches and ladakhi traditional dances and songs! Most of the partners were there to share with us this great moment:
- the persons in charge of the school: the director, Lama Lobzang and the president, Dr Dawa;
- the association HOKA, behind this project, with the president Susy Van Antwerpen and several volunteers that did not hesitate to work on the last finishing touch!
- the endowment funds Synergie Solaire, project’s donor, represented by the president Hélène Demaegdt;
- the travel agency Shanti Travel, partner of competences, and its director Alexandre Le Beuan, that provided accomodation and transport for this inauguration mission;
- and of course, the GoodPlanet Foundation, with Claire Sellier, in charge of the Bioclimatic schools for the United Carbon Action programme.